Call us for a Consultation
Office 604.740.0424
Doug Spani 604.740.6912
Email spanidev@dccnet.com

Gibsons Public Market

Gibsons Public Market: Spani Developments rises to the challenge.

In March of 2016, the Gibsons Public Market Society chose Spani Developments to take charge of the construction of a new public market – in partnership with the town of Gibsons. The project is a complete re-build of the old Yacht Club at Gibsons Marina. The expansion of the building will increase its total size from 5,200 sq. ft. to approximately 14,000 square feet.  Almost tripling the size of the building, the renovation project will retain much of the charm of the original building, while bringing every fixture and amenity up to code, and expanding every floor and all of the building’s spaces.

The public market will be dedicated to public amenities (70%) for community gatherings and learning, with the remaining 30% given over to local vendors of every sort, including food, coffee, chocolates, flowers and produce.

The Spani team has come into the project full force, and the pace of construction has been remarkable. On October 15th, 2016, a tour of the building was held for donors, community members and suppliers to the market, and the transformation of the space captivated all in attendance.

 Check back here in the near future for some images of the newly constructed public market, and an update on the scheduled opening.

www.gibsonspublicmarket.com


Website: Usable Web Designs
Photography: Alan Burns and Linda Sabiston